No-cost car seats & boosters are available to caregivers who cannot afford to buy one.
The seats enhance the safety of children in the event of an accident. In addition, the law requires them. According to state law, children between 1 to 3 years old weighing more than 20 lbs. must be properly secured in an approved forward-facing or rear-facing child passenger restraint system. Children 4 to 8 years old and less than 4 ft. 9 in tall must be properly secured in an approved belt-positioning booster seat system.
- Applicant must be the primary caregiver at the time of application.
- The child should reside with the applicant.
- Applicant should have an income less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines index based on yearly gross income and household size.
- Applicant must be a Williamson County resident.
- Applicant must complete an in-house, 45-minute self-guided training on general child safety topics.
For more information, call (615) 465-5350
or visit http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/1761/Child-Passenger-Safety