Home Page staff reports
Thompson’s Station town leaders will consider the annexation of almost 2,000 acres tonight for a golf-centered residential development.
The Thompson’s Station Board of Mayor and Aldermen tonight will consider the annexation of about 1,960 acres north of town for an 800-home, golf course centered development.
If passed, the annexation would be the single largest undertaken by town officials following incorporation in 1990. The land, owned by Thomas Keenan and Gary and Portia Baker, stretches from West Harpeth Road, northwest from Tollgate Village, to Coleman Road.
The board also will establish zoning for the property and a transect district, which aims to allow for high-density, mixed-use areas that achieve a sustainable economically while preserving the town’s open space and the rural environment.
The project, proposed by Beacon Land Development of Dallas, Tex., would be on 1,229 acres. In will be built with an on-site sewage treatment system.
There are no plans for the rest of the land at this time, according to the Town of Thompson’s Station web site.
The board meets at 7 p.m. at the Town Community Center, 1555 Thompson’s Station Road West.