On Nov. 29, Nashville will host its first-ever TEDxNashvilleWomen
On Nov. 29, Presenting Sponsor Asurion will host the inaugural TEDxNashvilleWomen at City Winery from 1 to 5 p.m., with a reception to follow at The Ink Building.
Featured speakers are:
- Megan Barry, former Nashville Mayor.
- Samar Ali, 2010 White House fellow, recognized as one of World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders, first Arab-American elected Vanderbilt’s Student Body President, recipient of the 2016 Truman National Security Fellowship, former assistant commissioner for international affairs for Gov. Bill Haslam, adviser for Department of Homeland Security, Vanderbilt Law School’s board of advisors, Bone McAllester Norton associate.
Charlane Oliver, founder and board president of The Equity Alliance — a nonprofit organization focused on civic engagement in communities of color — recipient of Dr. Evelyn Fancher Unsung Hero Award, recipient of Unsung Hero award by the East Nashville Chamber of Commerce Council, 2017 Nashville Emerging Leader Awards Finalist, 2016 Nashville Black 40 Under 40 award recipient, Alumni of Young Leaders Council, named one of NashvilleBusiness.Net’s 100 Leading African Americans in 2018, TnAchieves mentor, member of the Public Relations Society of America and Nashville Women of Color in Communications, 2017 Communications Excellence Grand Award by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives, and former communications director for Williamson, Inc.
- Jennifer Masley, food and wellness entrepreneur, host of Acme Radio’s “The Hive Hour”— an in-depth look at all things Nashville has to offer in local food and wellness—founder of Michigan-based Sip Organic Juice Bars, founder of Eio and The Hive restaurant.
- Erin Wolf, nationally ranked athlete, founding director of Women’s Leadership Center of Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State University, former Wall Street investment banker and corporate C-Suite executive at a global consulting firm, founder of Suite Track — aimed to help women move into leadership positions in the workplace.
- Shelley Zalis, CEO of The Female Quotient, founder of The Girls’ Lounge.
Kimberly Papillon, nationally recognized expert on Neuroscience and Psychology of Decision-Making, attorney and educator, speaker at Talks at Google.
- Bailey Bryan, singer-songwriter penning every track off her impactful debut EP, “So Far.”
- Cristina Spinei, Nashville-based artist recognized as “one of the most talented young composers in America” by GRAMMY award-winning conductor José Serebrier.
- Heather McBee (Emcee), VP of operations at Nashville Entrepreneur Center, emcee for Who Knew events, former board member of Leadership Music, former VP of Accelerator Programming.
Complementing the featured speakers of TEDxNashvilleWomen are various workshops, including “Turn Your Side Hustle into Your Dream Job” by Courtenay Rogers of Pathway Women’s Business Center (WBC), “Poetic Strategies for Personal and Professional Boundaries” by Stephanie Pruitt and Google initiative “I Am Remarkable.”
Both women and men are invited to attend TEDxNashvilleWomen 2018 to celebrate the women who are showing up to face challenges head on and driving an explosion of discovery and ingenuity to create real, meaningful change.
A limited number of tickets are available to the general public. To purchase tickets, visit tedxnashville.com/tedxwomen.